External Professor of Coloproctology
In May 2000, the University of Glamorgan in Pontypridd appointed Mr Haray as External Professor of Coloproctology. His initial involvement was in regard to undergraduate teaching and the setting up of postgraduate courses, etc. There has also been a major commitment to undertaking research/ audit activities covering all aspects of colorectal disease, its diagnosis, investigation and management. This has involved supervising research fellows working towards higher degrees such as MPhil and MSc. He has been supervising Post-Fellowship surgical research fellows who are carrying out projects towards higher degrees, as well as guiding others who have completed their research and are writing up their thesis. Prof Haray also takes a keen interest in helping with a number of projects undertaken by doctors not speciﬁcally working towards a higher academic degree, in addition to supervising research undertaken by non medically qualiﬁed members of the healthcare community such as nurses, MLSOs, Dieticians, etc.
- Community Endoscopy Feasibility Pilot
- Management of Rectal Cancer
- Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery – audit of Clinical Effectiveness.
- Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery – Training implications
- Nurse Led colorectal clinics – continuing audit
- Audit of Nurse led functional clinic
- Outreach Colorectal Clinic Pilot.
- Establishing Outcome Measures for Functional Bowel Disease.
- Effectiveness of ERAS.
- Public Awareness and Attitude to Bowel Cancer Screening.